SoulShare is committed to managing your information transparently and responsibly. This document describes what information is collected through our site, why it's collected, and how it's handled.
Most of the information you provide SoulShare is publicly available, such as your profile information, and posted content. By registering an account and choosing to provide this information, you acknowledge and agree that your name, location, posted content, and any other information you share publicly on SoulShare is free to disclose to visitors on our site.
We collect some information that is not considered public, such as your email, IP address, password, private messages, and account settings. We process your private information for security purposes, and to provide you the functionality our services offer. We may also use your email to notify you of important updates regarding your account or to send you marketing emails; you opt into these emails when you create an account with us, and may change your preferences at any time.
We do not share private information beyond what's necessary for third-party services to function. More details on which third-party services we use can be found in the "Information Processing" section below.
SoulShare only stores data that you share with us as long as your account exists; the only exception to this is your IP addresses, which we store in our log files for security purposes. Some third-party service providers such as, but not limited to, Google Analytics and Hotjar may also retain some data; the nature of how we interact with these service providers is discussed in the "Information Processing" section below.
Soulshare provides information to third parties in the scenarios described below:
- Cloudflare: we use Cloudflare for caching services and to intercept malicious web traffic attempting to access our site. In doing so, some information, such as log data may be collected by Cloudflare when accessing our site.
- Netlify: we use Netlify to serve content to you. Netlify may log some data, such as your IP address, when you access SoulShare.
- Amazon: Amazon Web Service (AWS) is used for SoulShare's hosting services and therefore data you submit to SoulShare must be processed through their servers.
- Google Analytics: we use Google Analytics to collect anonymous data on our web traffic.
- Sentry: we use Sentry.io to detect errors that may occur on SoulShare. Data sent to Sentry from SoulShare only includes error information, and is scrubbed to further mitigate the possibility of including personal information.
- Cloudflare sets cookies when you visit our site in order to help it detect malicious web traffic.
- Google Analytics sets cookies to provide anonymous data on how SoulShare is being used, and can be disabled using an appropriate browser add-on.
- Hojar sets cookies to collect data on our users’ behavior and their devices. This data includes a device's IP address (processed during your session and stored in a de-identified form), anonymous device and browser information, geographic location (country only), and the preferred language used to display our website.
- YouTube sets cookies when you view their videos for a variety of reasons, such as analytics and viewing preferences.
SoulShare takes reasonable precautions to help protect your information from unauthorized misuse and disclosure.
By registering an account, you acknowledge that you are over the age of 13. If you are under the age of 16, you must receive parental consent before registering an account.