SoulShare is committed to managing your information transparently and responsibly. This document describes what information is collected through our site, why it's collected, and how it's handled.
Most of the information you provide SoulShare is publicly available, such as your profile information and content you post. By registering an account and choosing to provide this information, you acknowledge and agree that your name, general location, posted content, and any other information you share publicly is free to disclose to any of its visitors.
We collect some information that is not considered public, such as your email, IP address, password, private messages, and account settings. We process your private information for security purposes, and to provide you the functionality our services offer. We may also use your email to notify you of important updates regarding your account and to send you marketing emails; you opt into these emails when you create an account with us, and may change your preferences at any time.
Scenarios in which we share information with third parties are described below.
- Cloudflare: we use Cloudflare for caching, serving localized content, and to intercept malicious web traffic attempting to access our site. As a service provider to our network infrastructure, data you share with us must be processed through Cloudflare. Additionally, some information, such as log data may be collected by Cloudflare when accessing our site.
- Amazon: Amazon Web Service (AWS) is used for SoulShare's hosting services and therefore data you submit to SoulShare must be processed through their servers.
- Contentful: some static assets, such as images, will be served from Contentful when you visit our blog. Limited information, such as your IP address, will be visible to Contentful's servers as part of this exchange.
- Sentry: we use Sentry to detect errors that may occur on SoulShare. Data sent to Sentry from SoulShare is only intended for sending error reports, and is scrubbed to further mitigate the possibility of including personal information.
- Mailjet: we use Mailjet to occasionally send emails you've subscribed to. In order for us to send emails through their service, some basic information such as your name and email address must be processed through their platform. Mailjet will also be able to process on our behalf the open and click-through rate of emails we send you.
- Stripe: when you subscribe to a premium plan, we share some information required for you to complete checkout and receive invoices. You will be redirected to Stripe's website when checking out or visiting your billing dashboard.
- Google Sign-In: When you choose to use Google to log in or create an account, you consent to processing your information through Google and setting cookies as part of this process, as discussed in the "Cookies and Similar Technology" section below.
- YouTube: we serve embedded YouTube videos. When you watch an embedded YouTube video, YouTube sets cookies and is able to collect information about your viewing activity.
- Google Analytics: we use Google Analytics to collect aggregate, anonymous data on our web traffic.
Cookies and Similar Technology
|Data Processor||Purpose||Duration||Legal Basis|
|SoulShare||We store cookies on your device to manage authentication after you have logged in.||7 days||Consent|
|We store a local storage object on your device after logging in to optimize performance. Will be deleted automatically if visiting the site again after cookies have expired.||Until deleted||Consent|
|When you request to update your cookie preferences, we store these changes in local storage for your convenience.||Until deleted||Consent|
|Mailjet||Marketing emails will include a pixel and at least one unique link. These tools help us better understand how to write emails our users will enjoy by measuring and comparing the open and click-through rates of previous campaigns.||Until deleted||Consent|
|When you log in or sign up via the "Continue with Google" button, you consent to have your data processed by Google. Cookies necessary for SoulShare to interact with Google will be set as a result of this exchange.||Variable**||Consent|
|When you view a YouTube video, Google will set cookies and local storage objects for analytics and maintaining viewing preferences. Consent is expressed by confirming a prompt or by creating your account.*||Variable**||Consent|
|Google Analytics cookies are set to provide us important insights on our web traffic. Your IP address is made anonymous before data is sent to Google, and we've disabled data sharing with all other Google products and services. You are currently opted in. Clickto opt out.||Variable**||Legitimate interest|
* For US residents, consent is implied by clicking on a video link
** Cookies and similar technologies used by third-party services can vary and change over time
International Data Transfers
SoulShare is a US company, and as such we primarily process and store your information within the United States. To serve our users, we may at times transfer and access information from our third party service providers which operate in facilities around the world. We have implemented safeguards to protect your personal information, including anonymizing data when reasonable to do so, and establishing adequate encryption technologies and security measures.
In most cases, you can immediately delete your data from SoulShare at any time. The following exceptions apply:
- Logs: some data, such as your IP address, may temporarily persist in our logs until they are automatically deleted in accordance with our log retention period.
- Messages: when you delete your account, a copy of your conversations with other SoulShare users will still be retained in their inbox, as they have a right to maintain these conversations for their own records.
- Database Backups: deleted data may temporarily persist in backup files until our next retention period.
- Cache: some data may temporarily remain in cache after deletion.
- Third Party Services: some data may be retained by third party services we use until their own retention periods expire. The nature of how we interact with these service providers is discussed in the "Information Processing" and "Cookies and Similar Technologies" sections above.
SoulShare takes your privacy and the protection of your information seriously. Reasonable precautions have been taken to help protect your information from unauthorized misuse and disclosure.
By registering an account, you acknowledge that you are over the age of 13. If you are older than 13, but under the age of 16, you must receive parental consent before registering an account.